Most surf lessons are two hours, and include professional instruction, safe high-quality soft surfboards, and premium full wetsuits.
The best conditions are typically from 8AM to 11AM; We like to get our last lessons started before noon when it gets windy and crowded. During the off-season appointment times are more flexible (and often the conditions are better).
WEEK-LONG SUMMER SURF CAMP PRICES
One week $370
Signup 2 or more $350 each
Returning students $340 each
Multiple Returning $320 each
(Go to ‘PAY NOW’, scroll down to ‘Custom Pricing’)
SUMMER SEASON LESSONS
Bring a Group
of four or more
- The more the merrier
- Have a company surf party for up to 30
- Individual Attention
- Recommended way to learn or improve surfing
Summer Early Bird Special: $69 at 7AM Daily!
• Every day at 7AM: Our 90 minute lesson for cheap!
• $69 per person OPEN group lesson. (Come solo; Join the group!)
• $120 private lesson (if you prefer)
• Valid with web signup & payment only
• Practice on your own for another hour after the lesson!
• Beat the wind, beat the crowd, beat the price!
Any surfer will tell you Cali summers are all about EARLY. Surfers will also tell you it’s all about CHEAP. The Early Bird Special is a win-win!
RENTALS & Extra time with Equipment: For safety reasons, we typically rent only to those who’ve had a lesson with us. At the end of your lesson there is usually some free time available; This depends upon our schedule. During peak months we may need our equipment for lessons. There are rentals available nearby.
Surf campers must prepay. Sorry; We don’t ‘pro-rate’ for missed days. No refunds after camp has started. Ten day notice required for full refund.
One-week base rate $370
Come back a second week Save $30 off 2nd week!
Sign-up with multiple people/kids Save $20 per surfer!
Bring your own FULL wetsuit Save $20! (Camps only, refunded to you after camp starts)
Tips about surf school ‘bargains’
- Note that most of our lessons are TWO hours. You may find cheaper lessons advertised, but often you’re looking at an HOURLY rate. (We don’t like to negotiate a second hour in the middle of all the fun).
- Banzai never overbooks or has a shortage of equipment – some schools will “rotate students” or pull surfers out of the water just as they are getting stoked. That’s less water-time, and that’s a drag, dude!
- Size matters. Any surf school that puts a 200 pound beginner on an 8 foot board is not properly equipped. Eight foot boards aren’t much good for beginners over 130 lbs. We have ten footers, and a few assorted battleships too.
- Most surf camps do not offer FULL wetsuits. We do. (And you’ll be happy: Water temps sometimes dip into the 50′s even during August)