Surf Instructor Jobs
Banzai is the premiere surf school of Huntington Beach CA, and we hire the best surf instructors!
What we look for are dependable outgoing people who can communicate well, explaining the concepts of surfing in their own personable style. This is essentially a hospitality job; We’re here to keep people safe, teach, and entertain them. We strongly encourage women to apply.
Please, NO CALLS until you have emailed us a resume!
HOURS: Mornings 7 to noon(+), very flexible schedules
PAY: Pays $12-$15 (plus) hourly, depending on experience. Our best instructors earn – including tips – between $20-$30 per hour. You will also get discounts on wetsuits, parking, etc.
• AT LEAST 5+ years of surfing/’waterman’ experience.
• Good with people; Good communication skills
• Absolutely NO criminal/arrest record (We do background checks)
• CPR/First Aid certified (We can help certify)
BONUS POINTS FOR:
• Living local/nearby
• Any past teaching experience
• Lifeguard/swim coach/summer camp/sport coaching experience
• EMT/Paramedic experience
• Any foreign language spoken
• Current LifeScan or similar criminal background check (school/DOE employment)
• Musical talent :)
We are a great, fun crew to work with :). The ‘vibe’ here is casual, and we try to reward good people for ‘going the extra mile’.
PLEASE EMAIL BRIEF RESUME/BIO/LINKS (include photos if you’d like).
You may also stop by and visit us at our location.
No calls please: EMAILS ONLY: Jaz ‘at’ BanzaiSurfCo.com